Thumbnail Graphic Designer
On our mission to help 1,000,000 people go full-time on YouTube - your role is to help catch the attention of people who need our help and lead them into our content.
You are obsessed with YouTube and design trends. You want to always be on the cutting edge, testing out new styles and designs to see how they perform. You love the artistic part of what you do, but you also see the end goal to help drive the performance of YouTube videos. You have a passion for catching people’s attention and helping them learn.
Details of the Role
Thumbnail Graphic Designer
40 hours per week as an exempt employee
Your typical work hours will be between 9 AM and 5 PM PT, Monday-Friday
- Be aware of current YouTube trends and styles
- Understand our brand style and goals
- Advanced graphic design and photo editing skills
- Graphic design using Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop
Task Management & Organization
- You are a dynamic worker with the ability to learn new things quickly
- You feel competent managing multiple different duties at one time
- You are effective at managing your time
- You can recognize tasks that should be prioritized over others
- You can manage projects by tracking detailed tasks and driving toward a big goal
- You have an incredible attention to detail
- You don’t get overwhelmed by changes to designs or quick edits, but instead can pivot directions quickly
- You work well with others and enjoy working as a team
- You take ownership of your tasks and make sure they get done no matter what
Basic Tasks & Expectations
- Be on our full team meetings at 9 AM PT every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Attend weekly content team meetings
- Attend in-person team leadership and relationship-building activities when possible
Thumbnail Graphic Design
- Work under our current Graphic Design lead to learn Think Media style and goals
- Create a thumbnail for each Think Media video and livestream
- There are currently 3 Think Media videos, 2 podcasts and 1 live stream each week
- We are moving into 5 Think Media videos, 2 podcast and 1 live stream each week
Content Team Participation
- Be available to work collaboratively with the rest of the team on how to improve our video performance
- A desire to serve our audience and help them succeed
- Constant awareness of what our audience needs and how we can deliver that to them
- A willingness to support the team, work together and lift each other up
- Working with honesty and integrity. Acknowledging mistakes and working to improve. Practicing extreme ownership of our own mistakes and readily presenting ways to move past those mistakes or solve a problem.
- Pursue excellence. You always seek to level up your skills, learn new things and become the best you can be.
- Problem-solving. You take ownership of your role and bring possible solutions to the table when something is wrong. You pursue answers and research instead of relying on step-by-step instructions.
- Grace and understanding. Our team moves fast and is very much in the startup phase. We all know there are things that could be improved and we want to know how we can help. We have grace for ourselves and each other as we all grow together.
- Servant leadership. We lead by example, by striving to help our community and each other.
- 360-degree leadership. We believe that we all have a leadership role as we not only lead those under us but next to us and above us. We all practice communication, ownership, problem-solving, relationship building, and other examples of leadership.
- Influencing the brand-style direction and helping Think Media’s brand evolve and improve
- Click through rate of YouTube videos
- Speed of thumbnail designs
What Makes Us a Great Team to Be a Part Of
- Our work environment is healthy, familiar, fun and challenging. We all get along amazingly well and truly care for and support each other. We also constantly challenge each other to grow, there are no lids on members of our team.
- We like to have fun together - we have work retreats where we are able to have awesome experiences (think renting a cabin in Big Bear and snowboarding, or renting ATVs and testing out Go Pros, and also just having game nights where we enjoy food and hang outs)
- We want to aid you in your growth. We support you by purchasing training and resources you need to improve in your job. We invest in our team members.
- You’ll be connected to some of the most influential people in our industry, able to learn and grow from their example.