Director of Operations
Do you have experience in being a Leader or Leaders?
We are looking for a Director of Operations who will oversee multiple divisions at a very high level. Some divisions are already in place and need your expertise in scaling our business to the next level. The other divisions that aren't yet in place will be your sole responsibility to start, staff, and manage. Hard business development skills and previous experience are required for this position, which is why we are starting at a competitive six-figure salary. We are looking for that one person who has already been successful twice. For example, have you scaled a company from a high 7-figure to 8-figure range? Have you built and managed a team of 30+ employees?
If the answer is YES to these questions, we want you to apply!
- You will be taken to an application form. This form will include a location to attach a video file. Any application without an attached video file will not be considered.
- The application form, video upload and assessment must all be completed to apply for this position.
- If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted via email.
- Thank you for taking the time to apply to work with Think!
- Competitive six-figure salary
- Paid time off
Requirements for Position:
- Las Vegas local or willing to locate
- Salary, Full-time availability, on-site in Las Vegas
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Director of Operations or relevant role (ie District Manager of several departments or locations)
- 3+ years of event operation experience
- Experience overseeing daily operations of a business
- Experience creating and refining processes for a high-growth company
- Experience in scaling companies into eight-figure revenue
- Experience in managing multiple P&Ls for different divisions
- Experience in building/running teams with over 30+ employees
- Understanding of online business development (online education industry and/or trade is strongly preferred)
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Proven track record of strategic planning and driving revenue goals
Attributes of this position:
- Excited about joining a startup culture and the opportunity to shape the direction of an emerging industry
- Sets a high standard for personal and leadership professionalism
- Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action
- Hold staff rigorously accountable for achieving their objectives & lead employees to encourage maximum performance
- Evaluate organizational performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a wide variety of activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fiscal management policies, analyzing data, making sound recommendations, and adopting effective causes of action
- Working persuasively and tactfully with supervisors and employees
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience building teams and hiring/dismissing
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing new growth directives
- Hire and train full teams in all divisions: current and new - Working with human resources to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
- Manage multiple business verticals including online business, events, and on-site locations staff
- Liaising with department directors to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide operational compliances
- Overseeing client support services (ie Customer Retention & Customer Service)
- Responsible for implementing and sustaining a metric-driven culture where data is used to monitor performance and drive decisions to optimize operations.
- Plans, Implements, directs, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and costs to achieve financial objectives
- Defining, implementing, and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and training to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- A desire to serve our audience and help them succeed
- Constant awareness of what our audience needs and how we can deliver that to them
- A willingness to support the team, work together and lift each other up
- Working with honesty and integrity. Acknowledging mistakes and working to improve. Practicing extreme ownership of our own mistakes and readily presenting ways to move past those mistakes or solve a problem.
- Pursue excellence. You always seek to level up your skills, learn new things and become the best you can be.
- Problem solving. You take ownership of your role and bring possible solutions to the table when something is wrong. You pursue answers and research instead of relying on step-by-step instructions.
- Grace and understanding. Our team moves fast and is very much in the startup phase. We all know there are things that could be improved and we want to know how we can help. We have grace for ourselves and each other as we all grow together.
- Servant leadership. We lead by example, by striving to help our community and each other.
- 360 degree leadership. We believe that we all have a leadership role as we not only lead those under us, but next to us and above us. We all practice communication, ownership, problem solving, relationship building, and other examples of leadership.
What Makes Us a Great Team to Be a Part Of
- Our work environment is healthy, familiar, fun and challenging. We all get along amazingly well and truly care for and support each other. We also constantly challenge each other to grow, there are no lids on members of our team.
- We like to have fun together - we have work retreats where we are able to have awesome experiences (think renting a cabin in Big Bear and snowboarding, or renting ATVs and testing out Go Pros, and also just having game nights where we enjoy food and hang outs)
- We want to aid you in your growth. We support you by purchasing training and resources you need to improve in your job. We invest in our team members.
- You’ll be connected to some of the most influential people in our industry, able to learn and grow from their example.