Brand Deal Account Manager
Are you a creative sales professional that doesn’t fit inside a box?
Do you like designing deals and aligning customers with the company’s goals?
Do you have a proven track record of closing new business and maintaining relationships throughout the entire client lifecycle?
Then the team at Think Media needs you!
Think Media is seeking a full-time Account Manager to sell new brand deals while maintaining and growing a current book of business. This is not your normal sales role. This Account Manager is responsible for creatively designing brand deals that align with the vision of the YouTube channel, Podcast show, and all aspects of the company. There is a true opportunity to make this role your own.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to adopt the principles of John Maxwell’s 360 Degree Leader. You are truly skilled at developing influence from anywhere in the organization. This role will work cross departmentally in order to sell brand deals into all products.
The Account Manager creatively drives the Brand Deals that Think Media partners with on the YouTube channel, Podcast show, events, etc. This role is responsible for hunting net new business, as well as farming new business from an existing client base. Relationships are key. The right person for this role will develop and maintain existing client relationships throughout the client lifecycle (starting with prospecting), driving continuous value and adoption, creating upsell opportunities, meeting client retention goals and securing renewals.
Selling is the primary focus of the position, but fulfilling the deal is part of the role as well. Working closely with the Content Coordinator, the Account Manager ensures all aspects of the deal are fulfilled, and brand clients are happy with their partnership with Think.
Your can-do attitude is contagious and a blessing to everyone that meets you. This is not another J.O.B, and that excites you. Instead, you want a role that will let you grow as a sales professional in a cutting edge industry. With growth comes responsibility, and you are up for the challenge. You take initiative. You close deals. And ultimately, you design partnerships that last years.
If this kind of work excites you, and you want to be part of growing a company that knows how to have fun while crushing goals, you’re a great fit for this Account Manager role!
Company: Think Media
Reports to: Creative Director
Status: FULL-TIME, W2
Application Deadline: Thursday, May 25, 2023
Responsibilities (tasks associated with the role)
- Manage current accounts:
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities via regular contact within defined accounts as well as to ensure account renewal
- Partner with teams across the company to optimize retention rates, customer expansion opportunities, and service provided to existing customers
- Manage and nurture current customer relationships
- Develop and implement a framework to identify and minimize customer churn
- Lead full life cycle of net new brand deal:
- Prospect new brand deals
- Approve Deals with Think Team and Legal
- Ink Contracts
- Secure Payment
- Manage Deliverables Between Content team, Marketing team, any other relating team members and Brand
- Conclude Brand Deal Or Renew and Up-Negotiate Contract
- Repeat and Improve the Process
- Creatively design brand deals that serve customers while aligning with Think Media capacity and vision
- Manage the affiliate marketing relationship with brands
- Acquiring free product when appropriate
- Report to the financial team about accounts receivable
- Report pipeline and lead stages to manager in weekly sales meeting
- Manage a current, active book of business including 20 accounts
- Forecast quota and hit 100% attainment of quota
Requirements (expected proficiencies to excel in this role)
This position is for a person who is:
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing deal strategies
- Proficient in (or learn) Monday.com, Slack, Calendly, Google Workspace, Hubspot and Dropbox
- Able to plan your work and work your plan
- Proven system used to manage leads and close deals
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% of the time
- Fast response times
- Enjoys working with a team
- Desire to learn and grow
- Understands how to work remotely and still show up 100%
- Access to a computer and dedicated workspace
- Reliable internet connection
This position is NOT for someone who:
- Doesn’t like working with a team
- Is looking for a short-term “gig” who doesn’t want to grow with the company
Software Utilized by Company
Monday.com, Slack, Calendly, Google Workspace, Dropbox, Kajabi, Hubspot
Current Team Members
Leadership Team: CEO, Creative Director, Content Team Director, Director of Marketing, Director of Customer Success, Executive Assistant and CFO
Full Team: Consists of 15+ full time employees and several contractors
About Think Media
Think Media is culturally relevant and a leader in the social media space. Outwardly, the company is obsessed with excellence and serves the community with 100% focus. Inwardly, the team has a very distinct culture that is stronger than the YouTube algorithm for shorts. As a leader inside the company, encompassing the culture and values is important.
So what does that culture look like?
Team meetings consist of daily scripture sharing. The weekly leadership meeting includes a check-in on the 12 traits of spiritual leaders. Of those 12, the #1 trait is that the word of God is the blueprint for your life, conduct and business. Simply put, Think Media is a community of spirit-filled Jesus lovers.
When the team gets together, it’s very much like a family reunion. Lots of fun and lots of laughs. Last December, the entire team flew to Vegas for a company wide meeting. They learned about the Enneagram, worked on company goals and took an outing to Beatles Love on the strip. The party bus picked the team up, and someone quickly connected to bluetooth and launched a playlist that made dancing a requirement. No, it wasn’t all worship music. The group jammed to Drake, Kayne, and other top music stars.
When working together virtually, you might find yourself in a conversation about Matt Walsh’s latest podcast or discussing a new video by The Daily Wire. Ultimately, you are welcome to be who you are because honor is a foundational value of the company. Honor covers all imperfections and recognizes that individuals are a source of blessing.